Review Detail

3.8 54 0.5
Anti-Ageing Creams January 19, 2015 1465
Kiehl's Super Multi-Corrective Cream First Impressions
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was excited but nervous to try the Kiehl's Super Multi-Corrective Cream and Super Multi-Corrective Eye-Opening Serum because products aimed at anti-ageing are usually not formulated with oily t-zones and blemish prone skin in mind. I have recently been battling with excess oiliness in my t-zone during the day and quite bad breakouts, and I was worried that using a moisturiser which isn't oil free would make this worse. Despite these issues I have don't really have a problem with skin texture or signs of ageing - I've kept those fine lines to a minimum at 33. I do suffer from redness and some pigmentation.

The cream comes in jar packaging which I'm really not a fan of. It looks very pretty, but I feel it isn't the best way to keep ingredients stable and the moisturiser hygienic. The cream is very thick and looks as though it would be heavy on the skin, but I was pleasantly surprised that it absorbs quickly and easily and doesn't feel greasy. It does a good job of hydrating, and makeup goes on nicely over it, but I find that during the day my t-zone gets quite oily. I would prefer to use this as a night moisturiser.

The first few times that I used it there was a tingling sensation, which means the active ingredients were doing something - exactly what, and whether it was good or bad remains to be seen - but that tingling has stopped after a week of use.

So far my favourite things about the Super Multi-Corrective Cream are the texture, the fact that my skin feels good after application, and the pleasant herbal scent. On the negative side, my breakouts, which I had just got under control, have got worse in the past week. I don't know whether this is purely hormonal, my skin adjusting to a new product, or in part because the formula isn't oil free.

I haven't seen any big immediate improvement in my skin, but after only a week I don't expect to see much difference. I am interested to see whether my skin is clearer, more even toned and my fine lines have improved after a month of use.

I have taken a naked face "before" picture where I've just applied the Super Multi-Corrective Cream so that it can be compared after a month. As you can see, the cream doesn't leave skin looking shiny at all.
M
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply