Review Detail

4.5 17 0.5
Eye Creams,Serums August 25, 2014 717
Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I'm torn about this serum, because there are things I love about it, but it seemed to make my breakouts worse. It contains some essential oils and ingredients which could bother sensitive or acne-prone skin, but it seems to work amazingly for the majority of people.

I really love the pretty packaging and the apothecary-style dropper. It's a convenient way to dispense the oil. I think this suits most skin types and I had no problem with the oil itself - it is light enough for combination skin. I absolutely love the scent of this, it is perfect for bed time and just helps you relax and fall asleep.

On the plus side, I found that it was a very nourishing moisturiser for my skin and I never woke up with dry patches or my skin feeling too tight (or too oily for that matter). My skin felt very soft when I used this. On the negative side, my breakouts didn't clear up while I was using this, and even though it wasn't the cause of my breakouts, it didn't help my skin to stop breaking out. I stopped using it after a few weeks to wait for my skin to stop breaking out before trying again. I usually prefer oil-free products.

In retrospect I could have used this serum once or twice a week instead of every night. I think it would be best suited for normal to dry skins or basically any skin which isn't overly sensitive or prone to breakouts. I will definitely use this in the future when my skin has cleared up, because I really enjoy using it.
M
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply