“She's a Killer Queen
Gunpowder, guillotine
Dynamite with a laser beam
Guaranteed to blow your mind
Anytime

Recommended at the price
Insatiable in appetite
Wanna try?”

These are the famous words of the song Killer Queen sung and performed by the Legendary QUEEN!!!

Katy Perry introduces her third perfume- a regal scent with an intoxicating and charmingly playful mix of notes fit for royalty! This time, her perfume has teamed up with power brand Coty and was named after QUEEN’s hit song.

This perfume was meant to be strong, powerful, regal; something that captivates an audience! Top notes include wild berries, dark plum and bergamot accords. The main note of the heart is velvety red flower (Celosia), but there are also Sambac jasmine and rainbow plumeria. The base contains cashmere, patchouli and liquid praline.
The bottle is simply amazing!!! Shaped like a red ruby and comes in its own golden pedestal. From the lid to the tip, the bottle oozes confidence and regality. The perfume is a beautiful golden hued rich red that illuminates with golden hues from every angle, almost like it alight. The fragrance is available as 15, 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

On application, the sweet scent is emitted, radiating through the surrounding areas. At first, the scent is sickly and an annoyance but it soon dissipates into a sweet and playful bouquet of florals. I personally think a crisper, clean and much refined flower would’ve brought in all the other sweet scents and would’ve given the scent a more complete aroma.

After a mere 30min I could no longer smell the perfume at all and was rather disappointed as this scent does not come cheap at all! I have to say that the bottle leaves a grandeur impression than the perfume scent itself.

I am a huge, major fan of queen and have listened to their song Killer Queen whilst growing up, when I saw the ad for Katy’s perfume I was so curious and intrigued as to what the scent could be as the lyrics to the song had my impression booked. I was expecting something more sophisticated and demure but demanding and sexual all at the same time. I imagined a woman draped in silk with a glorious crown on her long shiny tresses sitting on her throne like Sharon Stone style ala-basic instinct daring to look at a room of men with intent. Instead I get a ‘pop’ queens rendition of an all time classic. Although Katy’s third try at perfume, I would caution that she still has some growing up to do. The scent is quiet im-mature and doesn’t really deserve the title of Killer Queen, something be-fitting her like Pop Queen would be far more appropriate.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply