4.9 49 0.5
Fragrances November 07, 2013 648
Killer Queen by Katy Perry
(Updated: July 02, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Now, I have never tried a Katy Perry fragrance ever before. This is the first time I have had the opportunity to try out Ms Perry's smell. To be honest, I love the smell of this fragrance. It is a delicious fragrance and I was pleasantly surprised.

The fragrance contains top notes of wild berries, dark plum and bergamot accords. The main notes consist of velvety red flower (Celosia), Sambac jasmine and rainbow plumeria. And the base notes are cashmere, patchouli and liquid praline.

The full sized bottle is in the shape of a red and gold jewel inspired by a queen's sceptre, topped with a gold crown. It is a spicy scent but not so fruity or floral which are personal fragrance favourites of mine. It isn't as light as a, for example, Nude by Rihanna or as floral as, again for example, Jimmy Choo FLASH. I find it to be more of a wintery scent though or, for summer, a night time scent.

It is a rich scent. I love the smell. It's pleasant. It's a powerful smell without being over-bearing or overwhelming. However, I find that it's power wouldn't stand out in a room especially if you are in a room full of people wearing other fragrances. I don't find that Killer Queen strikes out and stands bold amongst the other fragrances which is a disappointment seeing as the inspiration behind it comes from a song that speaks of a woman who lights up the room when she walks in.

Overall, I was pleased with the product. I absolutely love how it smells. I would be a bit worried about how it would be stored since the bottom of the packaging is pointed...hmmmm. The notes used are certainly fit for royalty, I would have to say. Beautiful scent. But probably for a rebellious royal that doesn't quite follow protocol (think the female equivalent of Prince Harry...lol)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply