fbpx

Beauty Bulletin

Review Detail

4.1 21 0.5
John Frieda Luxurious Volume: Touchable Full Shampoo and Conditioner
This is a revolutionary hair brand that has left me on the fence. I suffer, and yes I do use the term suffer! As thin, limp and extremely fine hair is no fun to have. I’ve seen new-born babies with a thicker mop of hair than my own 23 years’ worth. Due to this, I made the decision to pay R95 a bottle for the John Frieda Luxurious Volume range.

The range promises to offer volume where it’s needed the most. The sub-text of the label is “Visibly Full, Touchably Soft, and Natural Volume.” The Luxurious Volume Range from John Frieda has been formulated to deliver a full-bodied, salon-quality style even on fine, flat hair, whilst leaving it feeling natural and supple. This range contains volume boosting technology paired with lightweight conditioning benefit’s; to leave you with a full-bodied weightless style that lasts.

Both the shampoo and conditioner come in the same 250ml aqua-green bottles with a clear flip-top lid. The texts on the bottles are done in white and yellow which is very tropical and eye-catching on the aqua background. The writing is done in English and French as John Frieda is a French brand. The complete ranges of John Frieda products are available exclusively through Clicks Stores. Because both the bottles look the same, it is very hard to differentiate between the shampoo and conditioner whilst in the shower. I feel there should have been some defining factor to make it much clearer than having to read the label mid wash with soapy eyes.

The shampoo preps fine hair for full styling without stripping hair of its natural oils whilst the conditioner leaves each strand looking full and feeling healthy and soft. I’ve used the shampoo and conditioner twice now and have definitely felt a difference in the softness of my hair. It feels super smooth, shiny and soft; like silk. My hair didn’t catch or snag but became very static. I didn’t see an increase in volume and it actually felt as though my hair was much more weighed down and limp. The hair closer to the roots got oily very quickly and made my hair look greasy by the afternoon. My hair did smell amazing and my chocolate, auburn and cherry highlights became more noticeable and illuminated when the sunlight hit them. I did receive compliments from my mum and colleges about the high intense colour and shine of my hair, but none seemed to notice any change in the volume.

By the next day I had to wash my hair, this time using my own trusted shampoo and conditioner. My hair lasted grease-free for a good 3days before another wash was needed. I then proceeded to use the John Frieda set, I got the same results I did the first time I’d used it. I’m now planning on using the John Frieda shampoo and conditioner fulltime instead of alternating to see if it makes any difference.

I wouldn’t just yet recommend this product as at R95 for 250ml is quite expensive to merely “test-out”. If your aim is super smooth, shiny and wonderful smelling hair then grab this duo and head for the tills; but if you’re looking for fuller, lush, volume infused hair then wait for my update ;)
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
July 09, 2014
Beautiful review,I wish it can help my thin,its no fun 2 have thin hair.
BB
bianca b.k
1 results - showing 1 - 1

Leave a Reply