ghd eclipse .png
Styling Tools May 21, 2013 485
TAZ JAKOET - REVIEW ON GHD ECLIPSE
(Updated: July 07, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I got my first GHD while living in London, in 1999, so its rather old, yet oh so very reliable. I haven't needed to replace or service it for the past 14years that I had it, its been my best friend ever since. Literally come rain or shine! So to me, its been beyond value for money!

Being GHD & anything GHD related obsessed, I must say, I was ecstatic to discover that I had been given the opportunity to review the GHD ECLIPSE! so ecstatic, I plastered the news just about everywhere... GHD ECLIPSE, HERE I COME!
I couldn't wait for that Saturday morning to arrive, so I could get my palms on this new GHD ECLIPSE. I saw the images & read up all about its tri-zone technology & aerogel insulation... BUT nothing could hold back my over size grin when I actually held it. not only did it look sexy, the led light, the coolness to the touch... I NEEDED this GHD ECLIPSE!!!
I usually have a 7 to 8 step routine when it comes to my hair. Being curly & unruly, I usually only was it every 2nd to third day, mostly because it takes up soo much time. My baby is also 11 months old, so to say there is no time is NOT an exaggeration. back to the topic... I mask my hair the night before the morning of the hair wash session, then its a shampoo X2, a conditioner, a towel dry, a leave in conditioner, a GHD thermal protect spray, a blow dry to the sleekest I can get it, then a proper 6 stokes per section with my GHD, then another slight spray with the step 4 GHD finishing spray. Not only is my hair HIGH MAINTENANCE, its very time consuming & exhausting. I use to have to do the Brazilian for in between maintenance, but since my pregnancy I was instructed not to.

My appointment was at Tosca hair salon in Palmyra Junction. I have never been before& I cant remember the last time I could afford a salon treatment.
I went there with 2 day old unwashed hair, though it had been GHD those 2 days before. I was convinced that no one could get my hair looking as sleek & shinny as my ritual does. Kelli was the stylist appointed to my unruly bush.

The salon itself is small, yet the staff are most welcoming & friendly. Kelly got an assistant to take me to the basin & immediately I got these major butterflies in my tummy. "OMH, here goes everything" is what I thought to myself. "im going to sit in this salon for the next 3 hours while they all attempt to tame this bush", "what if I run way into their lunch times & no one gets to eat"... these were all frantic thoughts I was thinking... but my soul kept telling me, your hair is here to experience the absolute brilliance of the GHD ECLIPSE... & even if all hope fails for the stylist, the ECLIPSE will save the day, as GHD always had been to my hair for the past 14 years. Im only a 32 years old now, but sometime my hair makes me feel 52.. course on days, dull on others... but there is never a time (should I have the time) that GHD can not solve the problem.

After the basin I sat in the Kelli's chair, while she explained what shes about to do. I couldn't wait to see the GHD ECLIPSE & almost rudely interrupted her & said "please wont you show it to me". we both laughed as she could see my absolute excitement in meeting the ECLIPSE.

OMG!!! excuse for a lack of better terminology!! How absolutely stunning! not only is is all black & sexy, it has a light a halo, a glow! I was so envious that there are people out there that own this awesome looking sexy gadget & I would probably have to save the next year to get my paws on one of these sexy GHD ECLIPSE's. Knowing exactly how long my previous one lasted, I would most definitely say, that any GHD is worth its last penny! I never asked the price, as I never had an expression worthy of either the shock or the surprise that the ECLIPSE commanded. So I never asked & off we got started.

Kelli first hair dried my hair with the GHD hair drier...
I could immediately see a dramatic difference, although bushy was an understatement, my hair was so shinny. We took some pictures & videos throughout, as I had to go back & show my sister the evidence of the ECLIPSE power!

She then continued to section my air blown dry hair & start using the ECLIPSE to form these spiral loops that the pinned to my hair, section at a time. I thought iw as going to be sitting there for hours, as this is the part that I didn't understand. I usually have to blow dry my hair not only 100 % dry, but also 100% straight & smooth & here Kelli was only drying my hair, but leaving it unruly, most bush & high unattractive. So I wasn't convinced. until she had finished all the sections & let the down one piece at a time. a couple of strokes with the ECLIPSE is all it took, as appose to my 7 strokes per tiny section that I was use to.. LOL!

I WAS AMAZED!! no, I was DUMB FOUNDED! My hair looked soo good. No other treatments had been used, besides the GHD thermal spray, as you do naturally & always, but I was most amazed. not only did the ECLIPSE do it in record time, it did it BRILLIANTLY. so smooth, so shinny, so sexy. I LOVE THE ECLIPSE. ECLIPSE made my hair me feel like a million dollars!! Besides Kelli controlling the styler. LOL not only was I sad to leave the salon, I was sad that in a few days I would have to revert back to my endless hours behind the mirror with the ever frustrating routine. but since I know there is now new hope thanks to ECLIPSE, I am not that depressed that there aint a solution. I just have to be dedicated & spare the pennies. One day too I shall be a proud owner of the ECLIPSE by GHD!

ps - I didn't have to wash my hair for a week after. I know that could gross out a few people, but I just simple loved what each hair day looked like, I loved the curls slowly dropping day by day & to be honest, I didn't think I could ever get my hair that shinny again. if I would have recorded all the comments & compliments I got in that week, I would be writing till next week, & that's the god honest truth.

I know GHD ECLIPSE has been on the market for a short while, but the girls I had spoken to about the ECLIPSE doesn't really know of its existence.. I told them all about the little fabulous Tosca hair salon I have discovered through the beauty bulletin!

Billion thanks for the experience!
T
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply