ghd eclipse .png
Styling Tools May 21, 2013 485
There’s a new magician in town: The soon-to-be-legendary ghd Eclipse reviewed
(Updated: July 07, 2015)
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

My hair is not of the garden-variety, although it certainly could resemble something in the garden. Like a bush… a thick one. You know the one in the garden that you can never quite get under control. So you can imagine how long I have wished for things to be different. I used to wish upon a star for straighter, less curly, less frizzy, less unruly hair. Now I wish for an ‘Eclipse.’

Since acquiring a ‘standard’ ghd four years ago I have been one of its biggest fans. In fact, my ghd is the one thing I can’t live without. That may sound clichéd, but I think I may just fall apart if it ever gets broken or stolen. When I travel, I carry it in my hand luggage, keeping it in sight to make sure nothing ever happens to my precious! So naturally when I was invited to review the new ghd Eclipse I thought that there really was no way of improving on the already superb hair-styling experience that the standard ghd offers.

But, like my hair, I was so, so wrong…

The word ‘eclipse’ means to make something disappear and that is definitely what this nifty little hair-saving machine does with ‘hair gone wrong’. And it does it in style. After my salon experience using the Eclipse, there is no doubt in my mind that it is every bit as good as one of the world’s greatest magicians.

It amazed me how effortlessly this gem of a machine was able to quell both the rebellion of my hair, and eliminate the laborious aspects of styling it. POOF! Just like magic. I figured that this must have something to do with the revolutionary technology that it possesses. A part of its functioning explained perfectly on the ghd website - www.ghdhair.com/articles/gamechanger.

What I valued most was the way the Eclipse could style larger sections of hair, because of its intelligent sensors, whilst still managing to tame my unruly locks to perfection. This is something really important for a mom like me, with two small children, and hair as wild as mine, with very little time to tame it! But running a close second was the pain-free experience thanks to the aerogel insulation. The Eclipse’s outer shell looks hot, but it won’t burn you. And the ultimate compliment from a friend of mine after my trip to the salon – “your hair looks like it’s naturally straight” – speaks volumes about the Eclipse’s ability to transform any head of hair.

So would I consider spending my hard-earned money on the Eclipse? I think the answer is obvious… I’m head over heels for it. “There’s nothing I can say but total Eclipse of the heart”!
L
1 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply