Review Detail

4.7 137 0.5
Cleansers,Toners,Washes September 02, 2015 1626
Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Micellar Cleansing Water? Cleansing water? If you’ve never heard of the latest make up removal which has hit South Africa, carry on reading because Garnier South Africa has brought two different types of Micellar Cleansing Waters to South Africa to help us with easy make up removal and perfect skin cleansing in a flash. Let me introduce you to the latest in skincare on a budget… the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water which is safe enough for sensitive skin and Pure Active Micellar Cleansing Water which is perfect for oily skin.

So lets get down to basics… what is Micellar Cleansing Water? According to Elle Online “Micellar Cleansing Water formula is made of micelles, which are tiny oil molecules which are suspended in a soft water, the micelles are attracted to dirt, grime and oil, and they draw out impurities without drying out your skin.” The idea behind the Micellar Cleansing Water is “rather than containing a foamy solution which strips your skin and leaves behind harsh chemicals, micelles cling onto the dirt and make up on your skin and dissolve them while leaving behind a glowy, hydrated finish.”

To me, I unfortunately had mixed feelings about this “cleanser’ because it seems like a lazy girl’s solution to make up removing. Despite the fact that I could wake up the next morning with skin that was broken out like crazy, I accepted the challenge and tested out the product over a week. On the first day, I removed my day time make up using the Garnier Pure Active Micellar Cleansing Water, I wet a cotton pad in the Micellar Cleansing Water and begun wiping my face. I watched my make up melt off my skin, so calmly… three cotton pads down and my skin felt amazing.

My skin looked refreshed and so hydrated, it felt soft to the touch, but I wasn’t convinced just yet, I spent the rest of the week testing out the Micellar water. By the time I had completed my week of testing out the product, I’ll agree with Garnier’s statement “perfectly cleansed and refreshed skin without vigorous rubbing or rinsing. A soothing formula without perfume to suit all skin types.” I was impressed, the product has a light gentle scent which makes you think of perfectly cleansed skin with a touch of that “fresh feel”, my make up was removed perfectly, including my waterproof make up without the panda eyes.

Although, my two favourite things about the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is definitely that it is perfect for sensitive eyes and skin, so there is no burning, irritating or uncomfortable skin after using the cleansing water, plus it comes in a 400ml bottle, which I find to be a HUGE saving because it is an “all rounder” cleanser for a fraction of the cost. The Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water has quickly become an everyday cleanser in my cleansing routine, sometimes if I’m having a make up free day, I use the Micellar Cleansing Water to refresh my skin and give it some “life”. I’d recommend you get your hands on the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water as soon as possible, it’s a life changing product, you won’t really understand the hype until you’ve tried the product. The Micellar Cleansing Water retails at R79,99 and is available at selected Clicks Stores.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
P
#1 Reviewer 878 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

2 results - showing 1 - 2
Ordering
September 04, 2015
Great review Priya.Will try out the one for oily skin
M
MorgasValencia
September 05, 2015
Thank You for this comprehensive super useful post.
I'm sure I will pick up a bottle of this as I think it will be very useful for the upcoming summer months when I prefer a lighter cleanser.
The fact that they have one for Oily Skin is a plus.
J
Justjenesequa
2 results - showing 1 - 2

Leave a Reply