4.5 23 0.5
Essence Get Big Lashes Volume Boost Waterproof mascara..jpg
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils December 03, 2013 556
Essence Get Big Mascara
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

Hmmm... I have mixed feelings about this mascara.
The price is great, and when I first applied this mascara I liked the effect. I generally like a mascara with a "full" brush, but this one really is HUGE! I managed fine with my top lashes, but the bottom lashes were another story. It's just really difficult to reach all your lashes without getting the formula everywhere, due to the seriously large brush.
The formula is a nice consistency, not too dry or wet, and quite thick so it builds up some nice volume. BUT after just an hour, I could already see black lash marks just below my brow bone where the mascara was smudging, which I do not expect from a waterproof mascara (and I do not have oily eyelids). As I wore the mascara throughout the day, I felt the need to check on it every now and again to make sure it wasn't smudging again (which it did).
I want to love this mascara because I like the initial effect, and I have tried - with and without foundation on my lids, with lid primer, with and without eyeshadow, but it just keeps smudging on me.
Unfortunately I won't be buying this again. Quite disappointed.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
No
Would you repurchase this product?
No
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply