4.5 23 0.5
Essence Get Big Lashes Volume Boost Waterproof mascara..jpg
Mascaras, Eyebrow Pencils December 03, 2013 565
Essence Get big lashes waterproof mascara
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I was recently on the hunt for a new mascara that I could use in the summer and especially over the holidays. I normally don't use waterproof mascara but I was already starting to see quite a bit of smudging even with just a little bit of warmer weather and I really hate that. I knew I wanted a waterproof mascara but I didn't want to spend a lot because I only use it over the summer holidays. The reason for this is that I find waterproof mascara really terrible to remove. It doesn't matter what make up remover you use, you always have residue for days.

I came across this at Clicks and I had used a different essence mascara before that I was very happy with so I looked at the brush which is always my deciding factor and saw that it was a regular but much larger than usual brush, this intrigued me. The product is very affordable at less than R50 and so I grabbed one.

The tube is a really nice size, the color with a pop of pink writing is a great bright blue and it looks like a fun mascara to use. This mascara did not disapoint with delivery. I have very sparse and short lashes and what I got from this product without any curling or mascara base was long, thick and curled, volumnous and separated lashes. I struggled a bit with my bottom lashes but I figured out I can just use the end of the brush at an angle. I really love the look this mascara give my lashes. I find the formula non irritating and it doesn't smudge in the least. It also holds the curl and length all day.

In my opinion there is only one thing I really don't like about it but that goes for all waterproof mascara's in my opinion. It is a B*at#h to take off! It really doesn't matter what I use or how I use it I will have black rings under my eyes for days on end in the morning and after washing my face.

At the end of the day I love the price, how it works and feels and that it lasts. I will most likely buy it again when I need more. I want to try the regular version of this for a nice daily mascara and see if it gives the same result.

Product Recommendation

Would you recommend this product to someone else?
Yes
Would you repurchase this product?
Yes
C
Top 500 Reviewer 14 reviews
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply