Review Detail

4.4 12 0.5
Shimmers, Bronzers, Self Tans April 04, 2011 1004
Caribbean Tan Body Shimmer Cream
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I'm attending a wedding this weekend so I wanted a nice bronzing product for my legs. But not a self-tan, which I never really have good experiences with. I was actually looking for the Rimmel product that gives instant colour that you can wash off. But sadly I think it's either discontinued or the Pretoria shops just don't stock it. :( So I spotted an advert for this Caribbean Tan cream and for R49 thought why not give it a try. Unfortunately it doesn't even compare to the Rimmel one. I was really expecting a bit of colour from this and not just shimmer. But alas, all I really get is shimmer, and not even that much. I put lashings of this on and it still seems to give off barely any colour. The label says it gives skin a healthy, golden glow. Where is the golden glow? For the weekend I think I will wear this over a fake tan, just to add a slight shimmer to my legs. I'm a bit disappointed in this product as I have friends and family that adore the Caribbean Tan products. According to Cindy Nell, this is a bronzer and shimmer-effect cream in one "to make your skin look it's been photo shopped in real life!" Sorry Cindy, but that isn't the effect it's giving me. :(
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments