Beauty Exchange

Hi there ladies :p

So there's this beauty trend that has been around for a while, yet lately is becoming more popular. It's called 'baking'. Basically, this is the process of apply translucent powder after your foundation to your oily areas and allowing it to 'bake'. Apply the translucent powder to the oily areas, such as under the eye triangle shape, on the T-zone and on the chin, allows the translucent powder to absorb the oiliness and allow for your skin to look flawless and non-oily for longer periods of time. Once you've allowed your skin to 'bake' for about 10 mins or so, depending on what you think your skin needs, you brush the excess translucent powder off and then powder your face with your usual powder afterwards.

The picture above shows you how baking works. My question though, is where can I find affordable translucent powders that work well too? I've been to Inglot and I love them, but right now I'm on a student budget. Are there other brands around? I don't seem to see translucent powder much, I see the normal skin toned powders, but not and light translucent powders.

Please, if you could help a girl out, lemme know! My skin is pretty oily so I think I could benefit from this technique.

Thank you so much and enjoy your day ;)

x
Sash
Attachments:

Accepted Answer

Rubina
Rubina
Offline
Saturday, April 02 2016, 11:22 AM - #Permalink
Hi

Yardley has translucent powder both in loose form as well as pressed powder form. Essence also has a lovely translucent powder, I use this during the day just to mattify my face and it's always in my handbag.
Both of these are reasonably priced and available from Clicks stores.
The reply is currently minimized Show
Responses (7)
  • Accepted Answer

Rubina
    Rubina
    Offline
    Saturday, April 02 2016, 11:22 AM - #Permalink
    Hi

Both of these are reasonably priced and available from Clicks stores.
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

Rubina
    Rubina
    Offline
    Saturday, April 02 2016, 11:22 AM - #Permalink
    Hi

Both of these are reasonably priced and available from Clicks stores.
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

Rubina
    Rubina
    Offline
    Saturday, April 02 2016, 11:22 AM - #Permalink
    Hi

Both of these are reasonably priced and available from Clicks stores.
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

Monday, April 04 2016, 07:50 AM - #Permalink
    So Catrice is new up and coming beauty brand, it hasn't really made much noise and I'm not sure why because they stock great products.

They have a wide range powders, from blending to even tone and matt effect.
    There has been great reviews on the powders and the brand as a whole.

Catrice is extremely reasonably priced, I purchased a pressed powder for around R60 at Red Square. If you can't find a translucent powder you can always try ivory coloured powders.

You can purchase Catrice from Dis-chem or Red Sqaure, those are the two places I buy from
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

gabza
    gabza
    Offline
    Monday, April 04 2016, 02:11 PM - #Permalink
    Hello, so I have been using Johnsons bedtime baby powder. Really cheap and it works great for me. It absorbs excess moisture and gives you a matt finish. This is a translucent powder.
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

SamR
    SamR
    Offline
    Monday, April 04 2016, 03:45 PM - #Permalink
    Hi try the LA girl HD setting powder in translucent R59.95 at dischem
    The reply is currently minimized Show
  • Accepted Answer

strhughes
    strhughes
    Offline
    Monday, April 11 2016, 12:09 PM - #Permalink
    I think the Catrice loose powder will be your best bet. Otherwise you can Google a brand called Creative Glamour, they do loose powders for makeup artists.
    The reply is currently minimized Show
Your Reply

Specify a password to lock discussions to only users who has the password.

You may add additional URLs that you would like to include in your post.

Add URL