A while back Beauty Bulletin had a fun contest where you had post a picture of the contents of your handbag at that specific moment and tag them on Facebook. I loved it, because you got to see what everyone else is lugging around with them every day and get fresh ideas on what might be a handy addition to your handbag. My hubby says if anyone actually tried to snatch my bag and I managed to swing it and hit the perp on the head, it would knock him out cold!
I have a list of all my handbag essentials, which I currently am carrying in my handbag every day:
1. Car keys
2. House keys
3. Wallet including my bank cards, store loyalty cards, emergency cash and a lot of slips
4. Cell phone and sunglasses
5. Liquid Bullet – this is a very strong pepper spray, which hubby INSISTS I carry around at all times
6. Hand sanitiser – I love Oh So Heavenly’s Spritz and Go one, as it is for hands AND surfaces!
7. A small tube of cream – I go and beg at department stores for samples, which are really handy, but if you don’t come right, Nivea also has small tubs.
8. Sunscreen – lovely if you can go and get a sample sized one, but otherwise a small tube will do or one of those stick ones would also work
10. Plasters ( always!) I have small kids and you can never predict when an owee will occur
11. Lipbalm – I love Zambuc’s cherry flavoured one in the little tin
13. Wet wipes – the Spur always hand out a pile of them when we eat there, so I always use the extra for my handbag ( ssssh)
14. Headache tablets
15. Feminine hygiene products
16. A sewing kit – those hotel ones in the little cardboard folder are AWESOME for this
17. Extra hairbands and clips
19. The current shade of lipstick I am wearing on that day
20. Lip gloss in a neutral shade
21. A mirror compact – I have a cute Fat Ladies one!
22. Mattifying Oil Control paper – Catrice have a great one
23. Pressed powder compact – I am using Coverall by Wet n Wild – its awesome!
So there you have it, ladies…my list of what is in my bag. I would love to hear what you have in your handbags!