Review Detail

4.4 47 0.5
Eyeshadows August 12, 2013 1035
Avon True Colour Eyeshadow Quads
Overall rating

Price

Quality

Effectiveness

I received one quad in Mocha Latte and one in Purple Haze.

Firstly, I liked the packaging. I don't know how much these retail for but the compacts are a nice, glossy black with a good opening mechanism (no chance of a broken "clicky" bit in the future). The four shades in each compact are numbered one to four, making it dead easy for even the most novice eyeshadow user to achieve a pretty look. It takes the guesswork out of makeup application!

Secondly, the shadows are quite powdery and there is a bit of fallout, but the colour payoff is very good and accurate when compared to the colour in the pan. They apply beautifully with a blending brush or a flat eyeshadow brush and blend easily. I tried the shadows with an eyeshadow primer and without, to see whether it made a difference, and in both cases the shadow didn't crease at all in seven or eight hours. The colour did tend to fade a bit after seven hours (especially the purples) but there was no creasing and it faded evenly. In summary, I would be happy to use these on a regular basis as the quality and longevity are very good. I was impressed by them and would recommend these eyeshadow quads.
M
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Leave a Reply